Consumer Directions, Inc. (CDI) offers an unlicensed, self-directed Semi Independent Living Services (SILS) program option that supports people in ways that enable them to achieve personally desired outcomes and lead self-directed lives with the freedom of choice to have people they know and trust support them in living successfully in the community.
Who can support individuals
better than a trusted circle of
Friends, Family and Neighbors?
Consumer Directions helps individuals hire the supports they need and self-direct their services allowing them to be empowered and independent.
What is an Unlicensed SILS Option?
- CDI can be set-up as a vendor; under our host county contract.
- SILS recipient and/or rep identify SILS workers. CDI completes new hire paperwork, background screening, training and processes payroll.
- An easy to use Job Description template will be completed to identify hours, rate of pay and job tasks.
- The county will determine if SILS workers are qualified, capable of carrying out job tasks and are identified as a friend, neighbor or family.
- SILS Workers are paid a highly competitive rate and will complete a standard, non-narrative timesheet.
- The county will authorize the hours of service. The rate for unlicensed SILS is set at a rate that is approximately 33% less than traditional SILS rates.
- There is not a traditional service plan with goals, although goals/outcomes can be customized into the Job Description. County will monitor outcomes at on-site meetings.
- CDI can also handle the fiscal management for individuals utilizing the one-time housing allowance.